Berlin Calling Part 4

18:00 Unknown 0 Comments

April 13th, 2015: East Side Gallery, Wonder Waffle, Purity Ring Concert

Jasmina went to work early the next day, so my sister and me explored the city on our own. At first, we planned to go to the East Side Gallery. It got quite cold. With my leather jacket and thin sarf I was totally freezing. I could have even worn a bonnet easily, because my ear started to hurt of the blowing wind.
We also didn't have breakfast since we couldn't find any bakery or cafe on our way to the East Side Gallery.
However, our main problem was the wind. The East Side Gallery was very interesting but it would have been more enjoyable if the weather had been a little bit nicer. My fingers even started to hurt from holding the camera, because of the cold wind. That's one thing I really dislike about Germany: It is the weather, and it doesn't change in the capitol city.
Anyway, this was the first time at the Gallery, although I have once been to Berlin with my class before. Unfortunately, we neither saw the East Side Gallery, nor the Brandenburg Gate. We wanted to tick off both on that day. But first, here are some photos of the East side Gallery.







After we finished the Gallery, we started to get hungry and very cold. We wanted to finally find a bakery and after walking for a little while, we came across to the next train station. There we hurried inside and had tea and sandwiches. We were so relieved, and from there, we took the train to Brandenburg Gate. It was easy to find. The weather didn't get better but I finally saw the famous landmark.

After having a good look at the Gate, we wanted to search for the Mall of Berlin, the newest mall there and the one which as Wonder Waffle in it, something we were impatient to try. 
Jasmina also wrote us that she would leave work soon and that we should meet there.
As we got there, my sister went inside Gina Tricot, another shop we don't have in Stuttgart. I didn't buy anything but my sister got some things. 
After that, we met Jasmina and went to Wonder Waffle straightaway. 
And here it is:

I wanna eat it again right now <3
Anyway, we stayed at the mal for alittle bit longer, then we left for another intersting thing to do. Jasmina told us about a panorama gallery of the Berlin Wall. We went there and were surprised: The guy at the entrance told us that the last hour of the opening hours gave the guests the possibility to pay how much they wanted. My sister and me paid about 50 cents, Jasmina however wanted to spend 5€ and the man at the entrance was surprised but accepted it. We went inside. The entrance hall included pieces of walls on which visitors could write something on. We also tried to write something, but it was almost impossible to decipher it among all the other colors and writings.
We should write what freedom means to us. Good idea but I think some visitors just scribbled nonsense on the walls. 
Inside, there was a huge panoramic painting of a street in East-Berlin during the time of the wall. The street seemingly looks the same today, just without the wall.
The effects were impressive. There were recordings of several speeches of politicians on radio and those were played in the background as the panorama got darker and then brighter, displaying how it looked like during the morning and during the evening.
We left the panorama gallery. If you decide to visit this, you should make sure to go there during the last hour of opening hours. This is how it looks like:
After that we slowly started to get hungry. Jasmina already was waiting for taking us to a restaurant she raved about. It is called Shiso Burger, it is a Japanese/Korean based Burger Restaurant. As we arrived there, we were welcomed from a friendly and young crew. It was quite full inside, mostly consisting of young people, but also families.
As I looked at the menu, I was surprised. They had a small selection but it was quite special. Burger combinations I have never heard of. There was one with Bulgogi, a korean beef meal, and the one I took was a Salmon Burger. As our food finally came, I was excited to try it out finally.
It really tasted amazing!
 A little bit dark, but it was so good guys! You definitely have to try out Asian Burger, it tastes very good.
After we finished, we returned back home. My sister somehow was feeling sick a little bit and Jasmina and me had to prepare for the concert. When we were finished, we left my sister alone and excitedly headed towards the concert. When we arrived it wasn't that full. We bought a beer and started to slowly get inside the concert room. It actually didn't take too long until the supporting act appeared. Born Gold they were called, and they actually weren't that bad. But of course, we all wanted to see Purity Ring.
When they appeared, none of us could have imagined it to be like that. They had hung up several light chains which were shining according to the music. It was magical!



It was so magical! I also have some videos, but I have to see if I can upload them on youtube or something so that I can post them here.
The concert was over quite too soon, unfortunately. But we enjoyed it a lot and I can recommend everyone to go to this show, they are wonderful!
Well, and yet another day was over. The next day, we would leave, but we still had time for sightseeing. We said goodbye and goodnight to Jasmina, because we wouldn't see her the next day.

What we learned: Berlin is worth a food trip!

The next post will be about the Victory Column and our Departure. Until then;
Here to make you happy!

Today's rating:

Sightseeing: 4/5
Food: 5/5
Shopping: 3/5
Clubbing: 2/5
Transportation: 5/5

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare:

Hey thanks for taking time and commenting on my post!